New dude

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdboes

Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Missoula Montana
Hello this is my first post here I am new to smoking this site has been a great help for ideas. I just got a smoker in December and have smoked a few things unfortunately don't have a picture of the salmon but do have some of the baby backs I did up.

IMG_20101205_191531.jpg
2b296a82_IMG_20101205_191531.jpg

Then for Christmas I decided to try my hand at a pork loin and a rack of lamb.  The pork loin was marinated overnight in a white wine marinade I found a recipe for. The rack of lamb was marinaded overnight in a herb past but rather than wash it off I left it on and smoked it that way. Then brushed on a honey mustard mixture and crisped the outside in the oven on broil.

c7383012_2010-12-25_16-35-24_449.jpg

My next adventure is sausage as I just got a sausage stuffer for my kitchaid.

Welcome to the SMF, and congrats on what looks like a great smoke and Q too.I spent some great time in your state, love it. It's all good my friend. 

Thanks Guys! This site great I have spent hours poking around getting an education on what can be done and ideas for what I want to do.  Think I may have to order another side of beef and a pig from our farm this could get dangerous.

Thanks Guys! This site great I have spent hours poking around getting an education on what can be done and ideas for what I want to do.  Think I may have to order another side of beef and a pig from our farm this could get dangerous.
Dangerous ? Nah . Addicting .yes it is

Welcome and thanks for the pictures of the delicious food.

Craig

Welcome to SMF. That is some great looking chow my friend . Good luck with the KitchenAid thing. I use the grinder but the stuffer is worthless

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome to SMF. It looks like you are well on your way to smokey greatness around your house. Now you will like the results of your sausage encounters I bet. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

GO GATORS     

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

From one Dude to another...Welcome.

That's a hell of a first couple of smokes.  You're gonna be good at this.  Looking forward to seeing more of your smokes in the future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky