New cut from GFS . Chuck flat .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That Looks Great, Rich!!
Mighty Tasty!!
Thanks John . One of my favorite meals . I saved one whole . Gonna put it on a smoker when it warms up some . I want to do one of the leaner ones that I cut in half in the SV at 132 . 48 hours ?
I'll have to look at your info .

BTW: I took your advice, and got 4 boxes of that "Lipton Onion Mushroom" Dry Mix.
Used up 2 boxes today on some Chuckies & Eye Rounds I finally found on sale!!!
Good deal . They have the beefy mushroom too , but it's hard to find here . I think those are my new go to's .

Seems with the shortage of some things , they stock what they can get . I buy almost all my meat there . I can clean it up myself . This is the basic trip . Depending on price and dates packed and sell by . Love the 1/4 pound dogs .
View attachment 484366

Thanks .
I've never eaten there , but get the sauce at the store good stuff . I worked with a guy that used to bring me " Pete's rub " from Novacich meat market in Collinsville . Great rub . Love that stuff . If you ever get over that way look it up .

I'm through Collinsville almost every day, make my own rubs though! Handed out a jar yesterday. Lol. Have duplicates of almost everything.. just in case

I want to do one of the leaner ones that I cut in half in the SV at 132 . 48 hours ?
Let me know how that turns out. I really liked the chuckie I did a few months ago but hard to find that price.
On a side note, Thanks for the heads up on the Teres Majors. Picked up a bag and processed out about 20 faux fillet mignons.

Reactions: chopsaw
Very, very nice! GFS is a great source for meat and such. Too bad it's a hour away from where I live. So I only get there a few times a year.

Reactions: chopsaw
Let me know how that turns out. I really liked the chuckie I did a few months ago but hard to find that price.
Will do . I might get it started today .

On a side note, Thanks for the heads up on the Teres Majors. Picked up a bag and processed out about 20 faux fillet mignons.
I was in there looking for Teres major when I bought this chuck . The teres major was out of stock , but was marked $4.59 a pound . That was last Friday . Thursday seems to be the time to go for the Mid rivers store . I'll be going today . Faux filet is a great way to do them . So tender .

100% perfect ty for sharing
Thanks for the comment .

Very, very nice! GFS is a great source for meat and such.
I'm lucky enough to have one about 10 minutes from the house . I buy all my meat from them .
If you knew what they had , and the price , the trip would be worth it to stock up .
Thanks for the comment Steve . Appreciate it .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky