New comer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrmeatcutter

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Wichita Kansas
I have been into bbq and smoking for many years but after buying my new trailer model smoker find myself in a new world of smoking with wood. Most of my wood experience has been with a very large smoker my company had that we would just load up with meat and wood and smoke litraly 1,000's lbs of meat to server to the public during bbq compititions. We would have it all in foil so the smoke was no real issue

I know how different woods work best for flavors but my question is can I use regular hard woods like Locus and oak for heat and just add fruit wood for smoke? Also is it best to soak the wood in water before adding to the fire to produce more smoke?

I will have tons of questions I am sure, the guy I bought the smoker from has been very helpful but I hate to bug him everytime I fire it up.

my rig is,

Custom 72x24" Offset on trailer with adjoining grill, made by Jason Hattey of Grain Valley, MO.   //// Brinkmann Cimmaron

Welcome to SMF - you should find lots of great info here to help you

welcome1.gif

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky