New Char-Broil Kamander

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdmarti1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
I have a Bandera replica, a MES30, and a MES40 with BT - and after this weekend I am the proud owner of a Char-Broil Kamander. I went to Aldi in Stillwater, OK - and they had evidently found one in the back. For $79 I couldn't not buy it! Even my wife agreed. So - after I put it together, can someone tell me the gotchas on this thing?

Man that's a heck of a deal you found. One of the lessons I learned early on with smoking on the green egg is to catch the temperature 50-75 degrees under your desired cooking temp and let it come up slowly. If you let the coals get too hot it can take a long time to cool down because Kamados hold heat so well. You are better to undershoot the set temp and work up to it than start high and try to bring it down. Good luck with your new cooker.

Thanks guys - I appreciate it. At the price I couldn't pass it up, and from what I read it works well. It's not a BGE, but works well. We shall see - LOL.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky