New Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

11serrot

Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Texas
New to site.  Building a smoker myself and have got a lot of great ideas from site.  There is just tons of information on this site.

Bellow is a pic of my project (which I am further along, this is the only Pic I had readily available)

.  Im  from southeast Texas, orange county area. 

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  Glad you joined us!  Would you please update your profile to include your location?  You will find a bunch of neighbors!

Have you signed up for Jeff's E-Course?  If not..here is a link to get you started!  http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

If you need help roaming around the forums...just shout!  Will be glad to help out!

Kat

First of all, welcome from another SE Texan.  And your pit turned out real nice.  I'll be sure to look for it on the roads around here.  Have you ran a few test burns through it?  How did it hold temp?  Can't wait to see some q-view!

Last edited:
I can maintain 350 steady all day long ( of course I smoke at 225 to 250) . But with jet burner that I have installed, I actually can get it to 650 easy and maintain it. To any one that's building a smoker I would recommend. It's cost me about $40 on eBay. And I start fire with no problem, and I dont have to add lighter fluid.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky