New Braunsfel smoker age?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Whiskeysmoker

Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Hey fellas/ lady fellas,

I just purchased a New Braunsfel smoker from an old timer down the street from my house. Unfortunately, he doesn’t recall when he bought it or where he bought it. I have looked through quite a few threads on here and haven’t come to a conclusion of how old this thing might be. I know that New Braunsfel smokers were bought out by char broil around 2002(correct me if I’m wrong) and they have changed a few things since then. I figured I would finally make an account and ask around. I have been using my Masterbulit 30” for a while and finally found a cheap offset so I can finally smoke with the big boys. I don’t have anymore pictures right now, but I will post some of it when I am done traveling. I will also post some after I have cleaned her up and added some mods. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 94B2FF05-92AA-4E54-BD6A-5628B1BFB8C3.jpeg
    94B2FF05-92AA-4E54-BD6A-5628B1BFB8C3.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 62
Yours looks like mine except for the legs. I bought mine new in 1996 (I think). It has finally rusted thru on the bottom. I have it temporarily patched with spare grill parts while I shop for a new offset.
D654E4E4-7BB0-4E54-BE3D-71B5354A9653.jpeg

Hey Co4ch D4ve, thanks for the quick reply! It’s very much appreciated... They do look fairly similar. The only things I can see that are different at the legs like you mentioned, and the side fire box is a bit different. Mine doesn’t have the flat surface on top like the one you have posted, also the Texas logo is missing. Are these changes that were made after charbroil bought the company?

The top photo is a dead ringer for the Brinkmann Smoke-N-Pit Pro I purchased back in the 1990's at K-Mart. I paid $99.00 for it off season, floor model.

The NB smoker pictured by the OP looks to be identical to mine. It is a NB Black Diamond smoker. The date isn't important, but I agree it's probably from the mid-90's. As long as it works, just use it. It's a decent unit after making a couple of basic mods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky