New Braunfels Vertical Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 It's a New Braunfels Bandera...they run about $600 new. I have a an earlier version of one and like it well. NB was purchased some time back and they are a bit thinner now and you will want to gasket the doors for better temp control. If it's in good shape, an offer of $250 would seem like a decent enough deal.

I realize I'm a bit late on this thread, but I came across it while searching for other Bandera owners.  In the event that anyone else sees it, I figured I'd throw in my two cents.

I bought one recently and have been restoring/modifying it.  I see them pop up on Craigslist from time to time but usually well less than $300.  I lucked out and got mine for $75, but have seen one for $200 and one for $120.  Given the following that they have, I have to believe it will do a good job when mine is ready, but I don't have any cooking experience on it yet.

Here is my intro thread with some of the details:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...ing-bandera-d-fw-tx-lots-of-pics#post_1043412

One of the Best finds for Me was the New Braunfels Bandera. Made in Texas. Char-broil has bought New Braunfels and now hooked up with Oaklahoma Joe's and have a Bandera. From what I understand, they look similar but No comparison. I wouldn't give up My Bandera for Nothing! Mine is in Very good shape and is All Original! Even the temp gauge is Original. I Highly recommend the Texas made New Braunfels Bandera to Anyone that can find one.

Attachments

• 20190501_103119.jpg
    20190501_103119.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 198
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky