• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Braunfels Vertical Smoker

vaquero01

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 6, 2013
 It's a New Braunfels Bandera...they run about $600 new. I have a an earlier version of one and like it well. NB was purchased some time back and they are a bit thinner now and you will want to gasket the doors for better temp control. If it's in good shape, an offer of $250 would seem like a decent enough deal.

bvbull200

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 18, 2013
I realize I'm a bit late on this thread, but I came across it while searching for other Bandera owners.  In the event that anyone else sees it, I figured I'd throw in my two cents.

I bought one recently and have been restoring/modifying it.  I see them pop up on Craigslist from time to time but usually well less than $300.  I lucked out and got mine for $75, but have seen one for $200 and one for $120.  Given the following that they have, I have to believe it will do a good job when mine is ready, but I don't have any cooking experience on it yet.

Here is my intro thread with some of the details:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/147368/new-to-smoking-meat-restoring-modding-bandera-d-fw-tx-lots-of-pics#post_1043412

Hippy Hay

Joined Apr 25, 2019
One of the Best finds for Me was the New Braunfels Bandera. Made in Texas. Char-broil has bought New Braunfels and now hooked up with Oaklahoma Joe's and have a Bandera. From what I understand, they look similar but No comparison. I wouldn't give up My Bandera for Nothing! Mine is in Very good shape and is All Original! Even the temp gauge is Original. I Highly recommend the Texas made New Braunfels Bandera to Anyone that can find one.

Attachments

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks