New-B from SC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jabo

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 29, 2006
I am a new-b from Bluffton SC. I picked up a cheap bullet smoker from Home depot and then realized that I had gotten myself into way more than just smoking every once in a while. This is an art, one that I know nothing about but I am learning. My smoker is a Char-Broil
Charcoal Water Smoker and I am not sure what modifications need to be made or where to find the parts to do these mods. I look forward to getting started and may even be smoking something tomorrow. I look forward to learning a great deal here and making some new e-friends in the process.

Jamie Bodie

Welcome Jamie,

As for mods and techniques for your smoker check out the Smoking Supplies & Equipment part of the forum.

Good luck. Have fun. Ask lots of questions. These folks know smoke. Please consider taking Jeff's 5-Day E-course on smoking

Regards,

Meowey

Thanks. I signed up for the e-course yesterday, but have no received anything yet. I better check my spam filter.

Jamie

Jamie,

I was born and raised just across the Savannah river from you in Savannah. I live in south Florida now but will be moving back to the Savannah area before the end of the year.

Somewhat new here too...WELCOME

Welcome Jamie, glad you decided to join us! You may find this art very difficult to quit once you start. It will get easier if you just admit that you have a problem. Repeat after me... Hi, my name is Jamie, and I'm a Smoke-Aholic. Doesn't that feel better? Don't worry, you're in GREAT company! Welcome!!

Greetings, Jamie, I understand you are suffering from Smokaholism. Now try to understand we canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t cure you…however, with proper support and exposure Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m confident we at SMF can improve your chances of a good smoke…so get some meat! and get your camera!, and weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll start your treatments right away> Look what weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve done for SmokeMack…Welcome!

Can anyone guide me toward a thread that would help me decide what modifications I need to make to my particular smoker? Any help is appreciated.

Jamie

Jamie, Welcome to Smoking Meat Forum. Check out the Charcoal Smoker forum in the Smoking Supplies and Equipment Section. Since you have the bullet type smoker, you'll want to read up on the Minion Method of using charcoal. There is a thread on that somewhere here or you can "google" it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky