• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New and Updated FDA Food Recall resource

reardenreturns

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 1, 2011
Due to some food safety bills that passed in January, the FDA was required to modify the way it reports recalls online. The results of that labor is a nifty sortable/searchable table located here:

Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts

Some of the most interesting things are in the details of the recalls... Did you know that chewing gum is only allowed to have 0.1 ppm of lead?

Last edited:

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
What's scary is the number of recalls.  Looks like they average 3 or so a day.  I wonder how, if people actually followed this, it would affect their confidence in the safety of the food and drugs we use.  Does a recall at a Dole plant selling pineapples in southern California affect the perception of Dole selling pineapples nationally?

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
What's scary is the number of recalls.  Looks like they average 3 or so a day.  I wonder how, if people actually followed this, it would affect their confidence in the safety of the food and drugs we use.  Does a recall at a Dole plant selling pineapples in southern California affect the perception of Dole selling pineapples nationally?
Probably, maybe it shouldn't, but it would make me think that the whole company could be suspect in their safety practices.

Bear

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I agree.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.