New and Updated FDA Food Recall resource

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reardenreturns

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 1, 2011
Houston, Republic of Texas
Due to some food safety bills that passed in January, the FDA was required to modify the way it reports recalls online. The results of that labor is a nifty sortable/searchable table located here:

Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts

Some of the most interesting things are in the details of the recalls... Did you know that chewing gum is only allowed to have 0.1 ppm of lead?

Last edited:
What's scary is the number of recalls.  Looks like they average 3 or so a day.  I wonder how, if people actually followed this, it would affect their confidence in the safety of the food and drugs we use.  Does a recall at a Dole plant selling pineapples in southern California affect the perception of Dole selling pineapples nationally?

What's scary is the number of recalls.  Looks like they average 3 or so a day.  I wonder how, if people actually followed this, it would affect their confidence in the safety of the food and drugs we use.  Does a recall at a Dole plant selling pineapples in southern California affect the perception of Dole selling pineapples nationally?
Probably, maybe it shouldn't, but it would make me think that the whole company could be suspect in their safety practices.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky