New...and happy to be here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kelley

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
I was fortunate to find this site in a Google search. What great information! I have a Brinkmann 5 Grill BBQ with a built-in Smoker that I am very excited to use for the first time today! I'm from Canada in a city just west of Toronto, Ontario. Looking forward to learning all about smoking meats from the great people in this forum!

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another beautiful chilly day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything. 

Gary

Reactions: kelley
Thank you for the warm welcome BlueWhisper!  I will certainly ask whenever I need help.  I am very new to this so will need all the help I can get!

That's fabulous!  Thanks Gary.  BTW, it's not as cold in East Texas as it is in Southern Ontario :-).  Count your lucky stars...or your Lone Star ;-).

I am sure I will have lots of questions so watch for them!  Really appreciate all the help I can get!

Welcome from SC, Kelley. This is a great site with lots of good folks who are always eager to share their ideas and tips. All you have to do is ask and keep reading.

Good luck and good smokin', Joe

Thanks Joe! I have seen that as I read through. I'ml earning about wet brining, dry brining....even why my split chicken breasts turned out dry. I left them in too long! I have learned the importace o a good meat thermometer now as well. Haring to find a thread about smoking fish now. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Kelley, A good therm for a pit is a Maverick, either ET-732 or 733. An instant read that's good is a Thermowand. A lot of folks lke the Thermopen but it's no better and much more expensive.

Sorry but I can't give you anything on smoking fish. My wife bakes ours on the gasser.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky