New and glad to join from NYC!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nyc smoke

Original poster
Nov 12, 2016
Been reading all your wisdom for a while now, finally joined and glad I did. I've got a Pit Barrel Cooker in Harlem, NYC and I'm most experienced at brisket, though this thing does great ribs and chicken, too. Doing my first Thanksgiving turkey for 20 people this year, happy to have your collective advice. Will post some pix of my practice runs this week and next. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forum!  I would recommend 2 small turkeys instead of one large turkey.  Not sure what your plans are.

Mike

Welcome to the forum!  I would recommend 2 small turkeys instead of one large turkey.  Not sure what your plans are.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'm actually planning on a 15 lb brisket smoked overnight, then a 15 lb turkey smoked that day, all for a 4pm sit down. Should feed 20 nicely!

Really appreciate everyone's great posts and pix!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky