• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

new 40 doesn't work

petek

Joined Feb 26, 2011
New 40 MES yesterday at sams, last one. Got it for $298. Put her together and went to fire it up. Guess what NO HEAT. needless to say, put a very bad taste in my mouth (pun intended) sams has display model for $50 off  have more coming but don't know when. What to do what to do. REALLY want an Amerique but can't (read wife) justify. Suggestions please.  

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Does any of it work??? Display etc...

Craig

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
It was 2 deg last night. Got my stuff prepared to smoke. Fired up the MES 30 and ########  No Heat.

I forgot to set the timer..... No timer.......no heat...... Hope that is your problem

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Go buy what you want and deal with the short term fury LOL - Been thru more of those than you can imagine! But I have my toys and she enjoys them too

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
What was the outside Temp when you tried to fire it up...  I have seen where sometimes if it is too cold out you may need to place hot water in the water pan to get the inside temp up before it will fire up...

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission!

It's gotta be a simple fix

Todd

petek

Joined Feb 26, 2011
Thanks Dave, I'm an idiot if all else fails read instructions. Now, wet or dry chips? Will prolly try ribs or chuckies first. Would rather not foil, don't know. Water pan full or no? So many questions so little rum. (okay got plenty O rum and beer and whiskey and vodka etc etc   

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Ribs = 3-2-1 and yes foilI finish mine on the grill rather than the last hour in the smoker.No to wet chipsI don't use water in the pan, but there's a good debate either way. If you foil, you add moisture anyway. You still need a water pan as a heat deflector.Good Luck!Todd

petek

Joined Feb 26, 2011
Beer-b-Q mmmmmmm bacardi coke. T Johnson thanks i work road const. out of  Belle Plaine live closer to mankato just have to experiment.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Scotch on the rocks here! Good luck on that first smoke & don't forget the Qview.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.