Never do something fast on a warm sunny day.... it will come home with you! But she is a beauty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbally

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 24, 2007
Western Colorado
The kids are finished college and mostly out of the house, time to get back to the "other" life that I call PB (prior to babies)

89701d1d_anglefront.jpg

e87170a3_otherside.jpg

017540f8_sideview.jpg

0369c850_rear.jpg

8700159f_rearwheel.jpg

Stage two air, race pipes, set up on the dyno for 130 HP at 7500 RPM... she screams when you twist it hard.

bbally, morning. Is she the new v-rod? Wow, what a beauty. Cool. I know what your  "spare" time is going to be spent on. Congrats.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be riding if I had children to raise.  Glad you found the bike you want.  Since my MC accident I haven't ridden as much as I used to but I still ride.  As a matter of fact I hope to ride over to Pineywood's gathering.  350 miles but I think I'll take the scenic route, through bikini land!    Eyes on the road Al, keep your eyes on the road.

Good luck, if you haven't ridden in a while why not take a refresher safety course and do lots of parking lot practice

Keep the rubber side down,

Al

Good luck, if you haven't ridden in a while why not take a refresher safety course and do lots of parking lot practice

Keep the rubber side down,

Al
Al, Since I sold my bike when I seperated from the USMC in 1985 I figured I needed a refresh course. I already have taken the MSF course last week.  Wanted to remember what I learned without the scary part of relearning it by reexperiencing it!!!  Know what I mean?

Someone hit you?

Last edited:
Hey Bob,

You gotta get a computer on board that thing, so we can get hold of you when we run into an emergency food safety question, and you're out galavanting around !!!!

Just sayin'.

Bear

No,

First day of vacation in North Arkansas on the first beautiful cool day of a long summer 2 years ago.  I was riding with a guy I met the night before, and I guess I just lost track of what I was doing.  My mind was wandering, taking in the scenery, looked back to see how my buddy was doing, looked down at the road just in time to see the center line pulling off to the left real quick.  Looked up and last thing I remember was pulling hard trying to get back on the road.  Woke up while waiting on the ambulance.  Docs said my blood sugar was real high, maybe that had something to do with it but more than likely I just got careless.  Took a while to get back on the bike both physically and mentally.  You know getting back in the saddle is as much overcoming the fear as anything else.

My buddy doesn't believe me when I tell him where the left hand rider salute comes from, you know, left arm point down to the road when you pass another biker.  He says I'm crazy when I tell him its from the old days when riders would point to the bike parts falling of the other guy's Harley.
devil.gif

Thats one sexy cycle there Bbally. This must be the year of the motorcycle. Three people that I work with have bought one in the last 2 weeks. But I like my toys with four wheels.  Heres a pic of mine that I got last year.

0efe5098_IMG_0092.jpg

No,

First day of vacation in North Arkansas on the first beautiful cool day of a long summer 2 years ago.  I was riding with a guy I met the night before, and I guess I just lost track of what I was doing.  My mind was wandering, taking in the scenery, looked back to see how my buddy was doing, looked down at the road just in time to see the center line pulling off to the left real quick.  Looked up and last thing I remember was pulling hard trying to get back on the road.  Woke up while waiting on the ambulance.  Docs said my blood sugar was real high, maybe that had something to do with it but more than likely I just got careless.  Took a while to get back on the bike both physically and mentally.  You know getting back in the saddle is as much overcoming the fear as anything else.

My buddy doesn't believe me when I tell him where the left hand rider salute comes from, you know, left arm point down to the road when you pass another biker.  He says I'm crazy when I tell him its from the old days when riders would point to the bike parts falling of the other guy's Harley.
devil.gif
As a guy who owned and rode a '74 Frame with an old panhead I would agree with you.  I called it the helicopter, in the USMC we figured three hours of maintanence for every hour of flight in the huey, '74 basket pan was about the same!!!!

Last edited:
Sweet bike!

Took mine (01 EGC, stage 1, SE Air breather,full sac true duals, V & H Fishtails) out yesterday for a short ride out to Bass Pro.  

Enjoy your PB time.  Stay Safe.  

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky