• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Never do something fast on a warm sunny day.... it will come home with you! But she is a beauty

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
The kids are finished college and mostly out of the house, time to get back to the "other" life that I call PB (prior to babies)

Stage two air, race pipes, set up on the dyno for 130 HP at 7500 RPM... she screams when you twist it hard.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
bbally, morning. Is she the new v-rod? Wow, what a beauty. Cool. I know what your  "spare" time is going to be spent on. Congrats.

Last edited:

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I'm not big on Cycles, but that is absolutely beautiful!!!

Bear

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
Very nice - you just be careful on that donor-cycle.

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
I wouldn't be riding if I had children to raise.  Glad you found the bike you want.  Since my MC accident I haven't ridden as much as I used to but I still ride.  As a matter of fact I hope to ride over to Pineywood's gathering.  350 miles but I think I'll take the scenic route, through bikini land!    Eyes on the road Al, keep your eyes on the road.

Good luck, if you haven't ridden in a while why not take a refresher safety course and do lots of parking lot practice

Keep the rubber side down,

Al

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Congrats Bob!!!

Gotta be the sexiest thing on 2 wheels!!

Todd

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
Good luck, if you haven't ridden in a while why not take a refresher safety course and do lots of parking lot practice

Keep the rubber side down,

Al
Al, Since I sold my bike when I seperated from the USMC in 1985 I figured I needed a refresh course. I already have taken the MSF course last week.  Wanted to remember what I learned without the scary part of relearning it by reexperiencing it!!!  Know what I mean?

Someone hit you?

Last edited:

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Nice looking set of wheels! That will definately be a nice thing to do this summer!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hey Bob,

You gotta get a computer on board that thing, so we can get hold of you when we run into an emergency food safety question, and you're out galavanting around !!!!

Just sayin'.

Bear

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Have fun, but be careful.  We need our Trusted Authorities here.

Good luck and good smoking!

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
No,

First day of vacation in North Arkansas on the first beautiful cool day of a long summer 2 years ago.  I was riding with a guy I met the night before, and I guess I just lost track of what I was doing.  My mind was wandering, taking in the scenery, looked back to see how my buddy was doing, looked down at the road just in time to see the center line pulling off to the left real quick.  Looked up and last thing I remember was pulling hard trying to get back on the road.  Woke up while waiting on the ambulance.  Docs said my blood sugar was real high, maybe that had something to do with it but more than likely I just got careless.  Took a while to get back on the bike both physically and mentally.  You know getting back in the saddle is as much overcoming the fear as anything else.

My buddy doesn't believe me when I tell him where the left hand rider salute comes from, you know, left arm point down to the road when you pass another biker.  He says I'm crazy when I tell him its from the old days when riders would point to the bike parts falling of the other guy's Harley.

smokeamotive

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 1, 2009
Thats one sexy cycle there Bbally. This must be the year of the motorcycle. Three people that I work with have bought one in the last 2 weeks. But I like my toys with four wheels.  Heres a pic of mine that I got last year.

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice bike! Used to ride a lot when I was younger.

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
No,

First day of vacation in North Arkansas on the first beautiful cool day of a long summer 2 years ago.  I was riding with a guy I met the night before, and I guess I just lost track of what I was doing.  My mind was wandering, taking in the scenery, looked back to see how my buddy was doing, looked down at the road just in time to see the center line pulling off to the left real quick.  Looked up and last thing I remember was pulling hard trying to get back on the road.  Woke up while waiting on the ambulance.  Docs said my blood sugar was real high, maybe that had something to do with it but more than likely I just got careless.  Took a while to get back on the bike both physically and mentally.  You know getting back in the saddle is as much overcoming the fear as anything else.

My buddy doesn't believe me when I tell him where the left hand rider salute comes from, you know, left arm point down to the road when you pass another biker.  He says I'm crazy when I tell him its from the old days when riders would point to the bike parts falling of the other guy's Harley.
As a guy who owned and rode a '74 Frame with an old panhead I would agree with you.  I called it the helicopter, in the USMC we figured three hours of maintanence for every hour of flight in the huey, '74 basket pan was about the same!!!!

Last edited:

bbstacker

Joined Mar 25, 2011
Sweet bike!

Took mine (01 EGC, stage 1, SE Air breather,full sac true duals, V & H Fishtails) out yesterday for a short ride out to Bass Pro.  

Enjoy your PB time.  Stay Safe.  

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.