needing some guidance for my first fatty attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigwalk

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Hey all,

Trying my first fatty tomorrow for company coming over for supper. We are going to try a breakfast one with hashbrowns, eggs, and cheese. Do I cook the eggs and hashbrowns first and then wrap it all up? Also, about how long and at what temp should they go? Thanks for any help!

Yes you precook the eggs and hashbrowns and I generally allow about 2 hours but remember - we cook by temp not time - take it to 165

Definitely cook all the fillers first.  That way all you're doing is cooking the bacon and sausage.  Just like turkey stuffing actually.  

They say not to stuff a turkey to cook it, but rather, cook the stuffing separately while the turkey cooks by itself.  

Don't forget to post the q-view when you're done!

icon_cool.gif

Yes cook all the fillers just like all the others have told you to. Then allow yourself planty of time for the fattie can sit in the cooler for a couple of hours and still be plenty hot when you serve it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky