Needing a 250-500 gallon offset built on trailer. Any idea!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin Haynes

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
I've got in touch with Moberg/Mill scale/big phils/fat stack smokers/ el cucaracha, and primitive pits about having a 250 or 500 gallon smoker built on a trailer. Everyone has such a long lead time because of the BBQ gold rush going on here in Texas. I am jumping in while it's booming and I need a 250 or 500 quick! Any suggestions or anyone want to start building one for me? Raw, top and bottom racks, 3 tel-trus, insulated firebox, storage space for wood/cooler on trailer. Single axel preferred but with a 500 dual-axel is probably needed. Let me know thanks! I am in North Texas. South of Denton and North of Dallas. Thanks!

Have you checked Craigslist for a used one? Needle in a haystack I am sure in your area but figured I would throw it out there
Oh yeah. Searched Craigslist and I have only found rusted out smokers on trailers with 2 different sized tires haha. I would like to have one built

If you don't mind traveling to pick one up there are a bunch of pit builders in Georgia that make quality smokers. Might not be what you are looking to do though. I am sure someone from Texas will chime in shortly!
Yeah I have spoken with primitive pits out there in Georgia. What other names you got? I can look them up

try contacting member solaryellow with a PM. last I heard his Beast was for sale. think it's 500 gal.And not to far from you, NC

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
Don't know if the meet your specs but quick search brought these up Screenshot_20191024-203656_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20191024-203309_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20191024-203300_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Kevin Haynes
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky