Need some advice. Grill, or what for beef steaks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weber should be contacting you about filming a commercial bragging on the long-lasting quality of their products.
Seriously, the thing looks incredible and is a great reminder (at least to me) of an earlier and different age.
Many thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone..

Question though. There's a small spot on the inside where it looks like the flame rusted it pretty badly because the burner holes were plugged. Should I just rub some fat on it to slow the corrosion?

I use spray cooking oil on rust spots in areas that would get too hot for paint.

One does not "grill" a good steak. One cooks it on hot cast iron, in butter or beef fat. And stay away from "grill pans" with those ridiculous bars that leave marks on the meat. You don't want tiny grill marks with grey, tasteless meat between them. You want the entire surface of the steak to be brown and crunchy.

Now I must go put a towel on my forehead. Grilling. Really!

Reactions: spaz
One does not "grill" a good steak. One cooks it on hot cast iron, in butter or beef fat. And stay away from "grill pans" with those ridiculous bars that leave marks on the meat. You don't want tiny grill marks with grey, tasteless meat between them. You want the entire surface of the steak to be brown and crunchy.

Now I must go put a towel on my forehead. Grilling. Really!
My mom rip made me the best steaks on her stove top in a cast iron pan. One of these days my buddy from work will swing over and help me get the grill up on my deck, but embarrassed to say, I still haven't used the weber I rebuilt. There's just not enough time in a life time to do all the things I want to do.

Reactions: Count Porcula
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky