Need Smoker and Pellet Recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

justing

Original poster
Dec 26, 2016
I just got a new Green Mountain Pellet Smoker and I need some recommendations. It is the black coated smoker not the stainless steel.

First of all, how should I go about seasoning it before I cook anything on it?

Second, I have been reading on different types of pellets and from what I can see I should be getting pellets that are not a blend. I like the idea of getting a 100% hardwood (100% apple, Hickory, and so on). I defiantly do not want any fillers or junk. Can anyone make recommendations on a brand that I can easily get shipped to Canada.

Thanks for your help!

Justin

It will tell you how to season in your owners manual and we smoke with lumberjack brand I like them cheaper then green mountain brand

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky