Need recommendations on a new Bluetooth Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cookin_Grillin_Smokin

Original poster
Mar 15, 2018
Lake Elsinore, CA
I current use the ThermoPro TP25 to smoke meats. It is a great thermometer but I have 1 issue with the thing

The probes are waaaaaay too long. The probes on this thing are 9" long and it makes it very difficult to smoke multiple cuts of meat in my smokers without them touching or getting in the way of closing the lid.

I don't mind paying $50-$100 for a quality one that is going to last a long time. I also need one that has at least 4 probes that can be used.

I have found some that have shorter probes that are about 5", but they have bad reviews saying the plastic on them melts... don't need that happening while smoking an expensive brisket or pork butt.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Reactions: JLeonard
Inkbird! I feel like I’ve said it 10 times in the last week. I have their instant read, and their wireless thermometer. Love them so much I don’t use my maverick anymore. Both great products. I had the wireless (4 prong) one sit in the Hawaii sun for probably 200 cooks and never had an issue with the prongs or the unit. And they Site sponsor also and have killer deals all the time

Hello. Inkbird won't be disappointed you.

15% CODE for Bluetooth bbq thermometer with 4 probes:ZMR3FREF
Link: IBT-4XS Bluetooth Wireless Grill BBQ Thermometer

Btw, There is now a 50% off discount for our WIFI model IBBQ-4T. Deal price is $50. Please let me know if you need the code.

XV59YC`P2B~DOECLS4P3WRW.png

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, it is greatly appreciated!

I had an Inkbird thermometer a while back and it worked great for a short while then stopped reading accurately so I was a little hesitant to purchase the same brand again. I am willing to give it another shot since it is highly recommended. I am planning on smoking a pork shoulder or a tri-tip this weekend so I will be sure to post the results :)

Reactions: JLeonard
Another Inkbird fan here! Great and reliable products! I have a couple, one for the smoker and one for use in the air fryer and oven!

I current use the ThermoPro TP25 to smoke meats. It is a great thermometer but I have 1 issue with the thing

The probes are waaaaaay too long. The probes on this thing are 9" long and it makes it very difficult to smoke multiple cuts of meat in my smokers without them touching or getting in the way of closing the lid.

I don't mind paying $50-$100 for a quality one that is going to last a long time. I also need one that has at least 4 probes that can be used.

I have found some that have shorter probes that are about 5", but they have bad reviews saying the plastic on them melts... don't need that happening while smoking an expensive brisket or pork butt.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!
I recently found some shorter and smaller in diameter probes for $5 at WalMart.
They work perfectly with the TP25. They're all that i use now for monitoring IT

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky