need ideas for an outdoor tool box ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cal1956

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado
i have only had my new Blackstone 36'' griddle for a couple of weeks , but i already realize that i am going to need some type of tool storage
from what i can tell i will need to be able to store at least 2 long handle spatulas, tongs , meat press, scraper and oil bottle
i would like to be able to store these outside near the griddle in all kinds of weather . any ideas ?

Reactions: JLeonard
What kind of space are you working with? Post some pics. I'm sure we can load ya up with ideas.
Jim

I just use a resin Rubbermaid outdoor deck box I picked up from Home Depot. Holds everything I need for outdoor cooking.

I use a rubbermaid container with a hinged lid. It fits on lower shelf of my 28" blackstone. Right now it is holding everything that you need it to hold. If I remember, I will attach a pic once I get home.

DSCN8639.JPG

Reactions: normanaj
as you can see i have to deal with snow and ice in winter to hot and dry in summer

as you can see i have to deal with snow and ice in winter to hot and dry in summer
I was gonna ask that stuff was.... :emoji_laughing: . Agree with Jake. Get your measurements and head to walmart, Should have a tub that will fit perfect.
Jim

that looks perfect for my needs !!!! thanks
by the way , around here the snow ranges from a couple of inches to over two feet , i have fired up my smoker when i could not even see the smoke stack ...lol just let the heat make holes for the smoke to escape !!!

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
You could also get a metal or plastic wall cabinet and fasten it to the legs under the shelf on the right side of the grille.

Warren

Besides a tool box, you may need a couple of other items for your outdoor kitchen. A good set of outdoor knives comes in handy and if you knick one you don't get yelled at and of course, a box large enough to hold everything securely including things you haven't thought about yet:

Reactions: shoebe
The best material for an outdoor toolbox is aluminum. It is durable and it isn't rusting with time. I have such a box in my orchard, at its entrance near the guard box. I keep there all my tree pruning tools. I use them only twice a year, in Spring before trees alive, and after I harvested all the apples. It is important to make this outdoor toolbox hermetic because it is not good if water will come into the box. If the instrument is made from bad metals, it can start to rust, and you will need to change them, which is very expensive if you do this one in a season.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky