• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

need ideas for an outdoor tool box ?

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
i have only had my new Blackstone 36'' griddle for a couple of weeks , but i already realize that i am going to need some type of tool storage
from what i can tell i will need to be able to store at least 2 long handle spatulas, tongs , meat press, scraper and oil bottle
i would like to be able to store these outside near the griddle in all kinds of weather . any ideas ?

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
What kind of space are you working with? Post some pics. I'm sure we can load ya up with ideas.
Jim

FowlAntics

Joined Dec 22, 2020
I just use a resin Rubbermaid outdoor deck box I picked up from Home Depot. Holds everything I need for outdoor cooking.

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 15, 2017
I use a rubbermaid container with a hinged lid. It fits on lower shelf of my 28" blackstone. Right now it is holding everything that you need it to hold. If I remember, I will attach a pic once I get home.

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
as you can see i have to deal with snow and ice in winter to hot and dry in summer

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Low profile rubbermaid tote with a lid should fit on that shelf

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
as you can see i have to deal with snow and ice in winter to hot and dry in summer
I was gonna ask that stuff was.... :emoji_laughing: . Agree with Jake. Get your measurements and head to walmart, Should have a tub that will fit perfect.
Jim

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
that looks perfect for my needs !!!! thanks
by the way , around here the snow ranges from a couple of inches to over two feet , i have fired up my smoker when i could not even see the smoke stack ...lol just let the heat make holes for the smoke to escape !!!

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
You could also get a metal or plastic wall cabinet and fasten it to the legs under the shelf on the right side of the grille.

Warren

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
Besides a tool box, you may need a couple of other items for your outdoor kitchen. A good set of outdoor knives comes in handy and if you knick one you don't get yelled at and of course, a box large enough to hold everything securely including things you haven't thought about yet:

amazon" style="max-width:120px">

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.