Need help with MasterBuilt electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A and201 From the pics you posted, I observed what seems to be an excessive amount of rust on the back panel and other areas on the smoker.
That rust alone would stop me from removing the back panel.
In fact, the rust would make me think twice about even trying to repair the smoker or adding a PID controller.
If the rust is not stopped, it will continue to corrode both the internal and external sheetmetal. That is an undertaking I would not even consider.
And as tallbm tallbm mentioned, due to the age of the smoker, replacement parts may no longer be available.
This is just my 2¢ opinion.

Reactions: tallbm
Spent time today going thru wires and was able to fix errorF. Panel is back to work and with overheat switch bypass heater went on.
Great! Old boy will still smoke!
I will order new ceramic switch from above and hope will get it to work soon.

Many thanks to all who help with this thread!

Spent time today going thru wires and was able to fix errorF. Panel is back to work and with overheat switch bypass heater went on.

Great news!
Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear!
Now you know a lot more about the wiring and the workings so if it craps out on you, there are some options for you to take :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky