• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Need help with a recipe

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 14, 2016
I bought a cast iron skillet to use in my offset smoker. I have since found out how few recipes there are available for food that is cooked at 250 degrees. I am firing up my smoker tomorrow to cook some ribs, and thought this would be a good time to use my skillet. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should cook? Thanks in advance for your help.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Beans in the pit are always good.

You could make a meatloaf in that pan if you wanted.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Never thought about a cast pan in the offset. Beans is all that comes to mind, but I'd keep it to the cooler end...

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Mac-n-cheese!

Al

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 14, 2016
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  When I told my wife what was suggested, she said “why not make some chili instead, we have all the ingredients.” So I am making some chili today.  I will post some pics when the chili is done.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014

The chili is done.  I made some chicken chili using some smoked chicken scraps that I had in the freezer.

Very nice!  Things like chili and beans when cooked in the smoker have a really unique taste that a lot of people will wonder about until you tell them how you cooked it.

Points for you!

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Now that looks really good!!
I'm going to have to clean up the cast pan I used for wood chips in the gasser...
:points:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.