Need Help or some Suggestions.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Best I can suggest, being you want to play it close to the vest, is do a search for it. maybe a similar will show up. In this case, it looks like it could be a marinade. Pick an unusual ingredient and include that in the search. EXAMPLE: Marinade +onion +juice recipe.
Then the work begins, looking at recipe after recipe, hoping to find one that checks all the boxes, or one that checks all but one and experiment with that, adding the one missing ingredient until it seems right.
Good Luck
Thanks for the suggestion.

Warren

It is a BBQ sauce made by the Amish.
Wow that really muddies the waters. A sauce recipe that has a sauce as an ingredient ?
So now it's a doctored up sauce and everything hinges on the base sauce. Almost sounds like someone is jerking you around. Certainly they gave you this list to stop you from asking again.
There is a glimmer of hope (assuming the rest is real), you gotta find out the base sauce. If it truly is Amish, it's doubtful it's a store bought sauce.
Personally I think you've been sent on a snipe hunt.

Reactions: zwiller
It is a BBQ sauce made by the Amish.

Warren
Ah, Warren, it's called experimentation...... Just start with some known measurements from another recipe that has similar ingredients and then start with a slightly smaller amounts and adjust till you like the profile...... When I'm doing this, I start with a small version so It's not costly to go through a couple versions till it is just right. I use this same approach for developing rubs. The exception was my recent Asian rub.... that one I started from scratch on amounts and ingredients because I was looking for a specific profile. I would taste each ingredient and then choose an amount till the blend seemed right.......

Reactions: boykjo
Ah, Warren, it's called experimentation...... Just start with some known measurements from another recipe that has similar ingredients and then start with a slightly smaller amounts and adjust till you like the profile...... When I'm doing this, I start with a small version so It's not costly to go through a couple versions till it is just right. I use this same approach for developing rubs. The exception was my recent Asian rub.... that one I started from scratch on amounts and ingredients because I was looking for a specific profile. I would taste each ingredient and then choose an amount till the blend seemed right.......
This would be about the best I could suggest as well Warren and be real sure to write down how much of each ingredient you use. If you don't come up with the exact recipe you should be able to come up with a version that you really like.

Warren , I sent you a PM for the amounts of the ingredients we talked about to make a quart of sauce .

Thanks, Civil that was my plan. Just looking for some other ideas.

Warren

This would be about the best I could suggest as well Warren and be real sure to write down how much of each ingredient you use. If you don't come up with the exact recipe you should be able to come up with a version that you really like.
Thanks this was my plan. Just looking for some other ideas. Absolutely keep notes.
Old dog getting lazy.

Warren

Well, I guess getting older and losing confidence in myself was looking for an easy way out. So, I settle down and put myself to the task and got the job done on my third try would have been on my 2nd try but I overpower one item.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions and help.

Warren

Well, I have the griddle cleaned and ready to season. Got the grill hooked up to my 30 lb. propane cylinder and got this bad boy fired up. This griddle throws a tremendous amount of heat. I started out on low setting with all 4 burners on. I wanted a slow smooth and even first heat so as to not cause any warping of the metal. I used a blend of refined coconut and soy oil to season the griddle top. I use this blend to season my carbon steel frying pans and it works out quite well.

Got the griddle up to about 380F in the main cooking zones and it looks like my first seasoning was a success. I only had to come a couple clicks off the lowest setting on the outside burners to get the griddle up to 380F one click over min for the central burners. I have attached a pic of my first seasoning result but you can't really see much but grey. :emoji_laughing:

I am going to do a double seasoning this afternoon and make some Wisconsin Cheese steak sandwiches on Saturday. Will update with photos...

JC :emoji_cat:

Attachments

• Season 01.jpg
    Season 01.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: pineywoods
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky