Need help modifying

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooksmoke

Original poster
Aug 25, 2017

I just bought this grill, it's a new braunfels smoker 1400. I am disappointed after purchasing this grill. The bottom of the grill is open and it is not easy to control the temperature. Any ideas to seal the bottom??? Please help. Is this grill a bust

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy, cool and rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.

Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Unfortunately Gary no one has responded to my roll call nor this thread.

Hi cooksmoke that bottom looks similar set up to mine drop the coal pan down so it's top lip is level with the bottom of the chamber, make some feet so the pan is still off the floor, then. Fix some pieces of ally to the pan lip to fill in the gap.. check out brinkman mods on YouTube ,they worked wonders for my UK equivalent, just cooked my 1st butt yesterday,

Reactions: cooksmoke
Thanks Bakerboy for replying back to me I will try that out. So are you saying to put bricks on the feet. Can I see a picture of your set up

That's an awesome set up you got. It looks very enexpensive. What are the name of those hinges that you used for feet. Can I order those feet??? I'm going to try that to see if that works.

Thank you so much for your help. I thought I had smoker that was not worth using. I hope to get some good use out of it soon. Soon as this weather improves. In Texas we getting so much rain.

One more question what size drill you use for drilling holes.

Thanks again

Bakerboy, I'm sorry I'm new to these cooking terms. You mentioned to put ally on pan to seal the gap. Is ally aluminum foil?? Sorry lol

Was a cheap smoker over here for my 1st I didn't want to spend lots just incase I don't like it but I'm hooked, doing my wife's head in lol.the feet are not hinges they where inch wide strip ally that I bent to shape in a vice,the hole size was 1cm to let the ash fall out and the 4 big nut things where 3/4 inch black iron fittings to control air flow into the coals.to fill the gap use ally strip (metal) or surpose ally foil pushed into the gap would also seal it up.hope info helps all the best graham

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky