need help modding my ecb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is a must read (link removed).  and this one (link removed)

Last edited:
Stephen 1855;

Most of us have done a lot of mods to our ECB's. Start with reversing the legs and resting the pan on bricks and then getting the gasket to seal the lid.

There are some really good posts already on the ECBOW. What are you thinking about doing first? 

start with messing with the pan to get some extra airflow and not smoother my coals and getting a new temp gauge. the reversing the legs and getting bricks will probably be done as well.

Don't forget extra holes in the fire pan. Playbox sand instead of water for higher temps. My firepan rested between three concrete blocks. Easy to lift the smoker right off the pan to add more coals when need and you didn't lose the heat. Depending on how I vented the blocks, I could easily add air flow. A full pan of coals could deliver 450º, so I was able to cut down on the amount of charcoal I used by quite a bit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky