Need Building Plans for an Old Hictory Clone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paul maples

Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Searcy, Arkansas
Folks a friend of mine just today opened up a new BBQ restaurant. Actually he acquired an old Hamburger type cafe and has converted it to a BBQ restaurant. Prior to this he was selling out of a large consession tye trailer. He has an older model Old Hickory Model SSE smoker with revolving racks that he uses to cook a ton of meat at a time. I was at his new place rewiring some of the circuitry on the smoker and decided I would like to try and build a small version of this smoker with revolving racks. He uses only charcoal and hickory for the smoke and does not use any gas burners. I can go and measure his and scale the dimensions down but I was wondering if anyone has already done this and might have some plans for building a smaller version. If so I would be very interested in acquiring them, if not I intend to develop a smaller version myself and once it is proven out I would share my ideas with anyone else.

I owned several BBQ restaurants and paid $13,000 for an Ole Hickory pit  I can make and build virtually anything so, I have decided to save thousands by making my own. I either need a sample pit or detail drawings or sketches with dimensions. I know what all the materials are. Did you or anyone find drawings?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky