Need Assistance- New Smoker wont Smoke!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

soup du jour

ImpEx - Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Roscommon, MI
I recently installed a Jade Range Duck Cooker and I am attempting to use it as a smoker.  I have the gas hooked up and the smoker is heating properly.  My only concern is the actual smoke.  I have attempted to use soaked apple wood rolled up in tin foil.  I have place the foil boats directly above the heat source. 

The chips do smoke and turn a dark burnt color but the smoke is invicible.  I can definitely smell the smoke but can not see it.  I smoked a few pheasant breasts this afternoon and they came out very good but did not have much of a smoke ring.

Any sugguestions on getting more smoke from my wood source?  All advise will be appreciated.

Thanks - Soup

Try using the chips dry!
cool.gif

Can you smell the smoke? If so then your smoking. I also would try the chips dry.

Don't be fooled by the "Ninja Smoke"

You don't want thick white clouds of smoke, cuz it contains creosote and other nasties.

You want a thin blue smoke coming out of your exhaust vent.

Next time you smoke, place a paper plate on one of the racks.  When you're done smoking, you'll notice a light brown color on the white paper plate.

Todd

Jade range equipment is real nice...didn't see the duck cooker on their site.

Is it a new product??

Craig

"Hey waiter!!! I had the soup du jour last week and this isn't the same..what are you trying to pull??"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky