• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Need Assistance- New Smoker wont Smoke!!

soup du jour

ImpEx - Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Joined Apr 8, 2008
I recently installed a Jade Range Duck Cooker and I am attempting to use it as a smoker.  I have the gas hooked up and the smoker is heating properly.  My only concern is the actual smoke.  I have attempted to use soaked apple wood rolled up in tin foil.  I have place the foil boats directly above the heat source. 

The chips do smoke and turn a dark burnt color but the smoke is invicible.  I can definitely smell the smoke but can not see it.  I smoked a few pheasant breasts this afternoon and they came out very good but did not have much of a smoke ring.

Any sugguestions on getting more smoke from my wood source?  All advise will be appreciated.

Thanks - Soup

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Can you smell the smoke? If so then your smoking. I also would try the chips dry.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Don't be fooled by the "Ninja Smoke"

You don't want thick white clouds of smoke, cuz it contains creosote and other nasties.

You want a thin blue smoke coming out of your exhaust vent.

Next time you smoke, place a paper plate on one of the racks.  When you're done smoking, you'll notice a light brown color on the white paper plate.

Todd

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Get an AMNS, end of problem.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Jade range equipment is real nice...didn't see the duck cooker on their site.

Is it a new product??

Craig

"Hey waiter!!! I had the soup du jour last week and this isn't the same..what are you trying to pull??"

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.