Need Advice quick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrlcl

Original poster
May 23, 2008
Kentucky
I had a gentleman smoke some pork butts for me for a get together tomorrow, and I picked them up this afternoon. They were in a covered foil container and when I got home and opened it, they had not been pulled. Help !! I have always pulled butts after they cooled just enough to handle and these are stone cold, my question is do I put them in the oven to warm up before I  pull them or what do guys suggest ? Any help would be appreciated greatly !!

I would think you could pull it while it is cold.  There are other more experienced people here that will hopefully weigh in though.

I would go ahead and re-heat and then pull. You are going to re-heat it anyways. I'm sure it will be fine, just add a finishing sauce to make sure it doesn't get too dry. Relax, I'm sure it will taste great.

I would think you could pull it while it is cold.  There are other more experienced people here that will hopefully weigh in though.

I never let one get cold, but I would say if you can pull it----Pull it.

Bear

Either way your gonna have to warm it up to eat. So whatever works, warm & pull or pull & warm. Personally, I would try pulling it cold first.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky