• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Need Advice quick

jrlcl

Joined May 23, 2008
I had a gentleman smoke some pork butts for me for a get together tomorrow, and I picked them up this afternoon. They were in a covered foil container and when I got home and opened it, they had not been pulled. Help !! I have always pulled butts after they cooled just enough to handle and these are stone cold, my question is do I put them in the oven to warm up before I  pull them or what do guys suggest ? Any help would be appreciated greatly !!

figjam

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 13, 2007
I would think you could pull it while it is cold.  There are other more experienced people here that will hopefully weigh in though.

wylie

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 13, 2010
I would go ahead and re-heat and then pull. You are going to re-heat it anyways. I'm sure it will be fine, just add a finishing sauce to make sure it doesn't get too dry. Relax, I'm sure it will taste great.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I would think you could pull it while it is cold.  There are other more experienced people here that will hopefully weigh in though.

I never let one get cold, but I would say if you can pull it----Pull it.

Bear

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
I agree, try to pull it and if it works go for it.  If not then warm it up and pull

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Either way your gonna have to warm it up to eat. So whatever works, warm & pull or pull & warm. Personally, I would try pulling it cold first.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.