Need a source for bags of Peach Wood Chunks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ski-freak

Meat Mopper
Original poster
I used to buy 2/3 cubic foot bags of Peach Wood Chunks made by "Smoke Me BBQ Wood" in Russell County, KS from my dealer FireCraft, but that dealer seems to now be out of business. They had a minimum order for free shipping of $100 which I could happily meet by ordering enough bags and other goodies, and the Peach Wood Chunks used to cost me around $20 a bag (shipped). Does anyone have any ideas where I can get more - and NOT get screwed on shipping bags of wood chunks to New England?

Home Depot around here only has Mesquite, Hickory, Apple, and Cherry wood chunks, which are great but we miss the Peach chunks!

Thanks for the thought, but the problem with Amazon Prime (I am a member) is that it's NOT really free shipping, as the shipping price is already built into the price you pay and they just say it's free as a catchword! I was paying $20 for a 2/3 cubic foot bag, which would translate to at least 10 pounds, and a $100 order shipped free - so 50 pounds of Peach wood chunks for $100 shipped.

Another example is that Amazon Prime says "free shipping" for a 20 pound bag of Mazuri Koi Food and it costs $55 "shipped free" from Amazon Prime, but I can buy the same Koi Food in the same size bag from Tractor Supply for $35 which means Amazon Prime is in fact charging $20 shipping and just saying it's free. That's getting raped on shipping as far as I'm concerned and an insult that they say "free shipping".

Thanks for the thought, but the problem with Amazon Prime (I am a member) is that it's NOT really free shipping, as the shipping price is already built into the price you pay and they just say it's free as a catchword! I was paying $20 for a 2/3 cubic foot bag, which would translate to at least 10 pounds, and a $100 order shipped free - so 50 pounds of Peach wood chunks for $100 shipped.

Another example is that Amazon Prime says "free shipping" for a 20 pound bag of Mazuri Koi Food and it costs $55 "shipped free" from Amazon Prime, but I can buy the same Koi Food in the same size bag from Tractor Supply for $35 which means Amazon Prime is in fact charging $20 shipping and just saying it's free. That's getting raped on shipping as far as I'm concerned and an insult that they say "free shipping".

I feel ya and agree.

I just found this one. Looks like you can get about 50 pounds for $100.

https://fruitawoodchunks.com/shop?olsPage=products/peach-wood

Reactions: ski-freak
A7466407-E904-4DC7-A289-8F21D77D42B6.png
Second on the Fruita wood! Looks like a special deal currently!

I don't know where they are in relationship to you but Rhode Island has their share of Peach Orchards. Go when they are trimming or retiring trees and you can usually get all the wood you want...JJ

Chef JimmyJ,
A number of years ago I met someone that had a close relative with a peach orchard and he agreed to bring me some trimmed discard wood from their peach orchard in exchange for six dozen fresh eggs from our chickens. The wood was in short length branches of a few inch diameter that wouldn't have required much cutting at all for use in my Offset Fire Box Stick Burner, but in order to use it in my Saffire Kamado I needed it in fist size chunks. I didn't want to use one of my chainsaws on it as that seemed too dangerous with short pieces. I ended up using my chop-saw which seemed a lot safer, and near the end of chopping it into 3 inch long pieces the blade hit a knot, bound, and jammed the wood hard against the back of the chop-saw which cracked the diecast aluminum casting making the back fence uneven. I was very lucky I didn't get hurt. Then I lived with that defect in my chop-saw for two years before I dumped it and replaced it with a new chop-saw. I swore I would not use my new chop-saw for cutting anything but lumber from the lumberyard. In other words, bartering for the "free" wood ended costing me a chop-saw and I was lucky to have not been injured, so now I'm quite happy to pay to have someone else cut it into 3 inch lengths - and buy it in bags.

How does the Peach wood compare to say apple? I would love to try it just wasn’t sure what kind of flavor profile it added while smoking.

Peach wood has a flavor profile that is a little stronger and sweeter than Apple, and goes really well with the Hot Peach Preserve and Bourbon Finishing Sauce I make for Grilled Pork Tenderloins and Pork Chops.

That sounds like one costly freak accident. But I get it...Once Bitten, Twice Shy...Good luck in your Quest...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky