Need a New Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fowldarr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Oregon Coast
I need a new Charcoal Smoker.

I live in Oregon and between the rain, heat from using it and thin metal, my old Brinkmann has had it. The ash tray falls out, the intake is rusted in place, and despite my best efforts it has always had trouble maintaining temp (even with mods)

I have a budget of roughly $1000

WSM is too small for my needs.

What do you guys recommend?

Reactions: RyanMoore
Backwoods would certainly be a good one. I’d also keep an eye out for a nice used Humphrey or Assassin. I love my 270 charcoal cabinet but the price point is higher. They are hard to find used. I got my large one used for $1600.

Thanks for the recommendations. The backwoods chubby is too small for my needs.

I’ve been keeping my eyes open for a good used smoker, but nothing has come up yet. (I keep watching)

I do belong to some of the facebook groups. I should say that nothing has come available that would make sense after shipping.

I'm looking to replace my Brinkmann trailmaster LE which is a 40"? horizontal offset.

True, but not for larger cuts of meet (you can't run all 4 racks if you're doing pork shoulders for example)

Not sure what I’m going to do. There’s a few stories of them being delivered damaged. Not sure if it’s worth wasting my time ordering another.

I need a new Charcoal Smoker.

I live in Oregon and between the rain, heat from using it and thin metal, my old Brinkmann has had it. The ash tray falls out, the intake is rusted in place, and despite my best efforts it has always had trouble maintaining temp (even with mods)

I have a budget of roughly $1000

WSM is too small for my needs.

What do you guys recommend?
Pecos !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky