Name your Fav Jerky Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jjpiv33

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 29, 2014
Charlotte
OK. I am starting to prep for my annual AL hunting trip. Ill be making 10#s whole muscle venison jerky, and my first go round at ground venison jerky also 10#s. Please tell me some of your fav recipes, or good old stand-byes. I need to come with the good stuff!!

-JP

Reactions: Aledavidov
For ground meat jerky I like this https://www.jerkyholic.com/midwest-ground-beef-jerky/
And this is mine for whole meat plus the proper amount of cure#1 and hit with black pepper before going in the smoker.
1605016746384.png

Reactions: pa42phigh
Anyone have tips on the cooking process of ground meat jerky? I read the link that was posted but I'm thinking some of you may have perfected it a bit. Ill be using a 40" MES with smoke tube. My basic questions are:
How long to put smoke on it, and being ground vs whole muscle.....do you bump the temp like you do with whole muscle, or just let it ride....and let the cure do its work.

Thanks

Anyone have tips on the cooking process of ground meat jerky? I read the link that was posted but I'm thinking some of you may have perfected it a bit. Ill be using a 40" MES with smoke tube. My basic questions are:
How long to put smoke on it, and being ground vs whole muscle.....do you bump the temp like you do with whole muscle, or just let it ride....and let the cure do its work.

Thanks
I add smoke for 2 hours and I use the bump temp method , rotation of racks and flip jerky

Reactions: jjpiv33
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky