My weekend of smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Sacramento California
Hello everyone,

It’s been a while since I was last on this site.  It’s been a busy weekend for me.  My wife hurt her knee and she has to use a walker for the next two weeks.  This means that I get to do all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry.

I found time however to fire up my smoker.  Yesterday’s smoke was smoked meatloaf using Jeff’s recipe, a pork loin fillet that I am giving to my auto mechanic and a Pork loin for myself.  Both pieces of Pork were seasoned with dry rub.  

This morning, I got up at 4:30 and fired up my smoker again, this time cooking some Turkey Jerky before going to church.  I seasoned the Turkey with some salt, course ground pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, and some cure #1.  I let the spices marinate in the refrigerator for two days.  My only complaint is I didn’t use enough pepper. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky