My version of KC Caviar

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cant remember if I have posted this before or not, so here goes my version of Kansas City Caviar.

5 ears of corn, grilled and cut from the cob
1.5 tomatoes finely diced
2 grilled, skinned and diced poblanos
1 grilled, skinned and diced jalapeno
1 grilled and diced onion.
2 cans balck beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans cannalini beand, drained and rinsed
1 cup italian dressing, I used Kens light Northern Italian
1 tube of cilantro
And 8 slices of bacon, I prefer Wrights Applewood bacon, good thickness and doesnt shrink into nothingness.

As it says above, grill the corn, peppers and onions. When the peppers are sufficiently charred, toss in a plastic bag to help loosen the skin.

20220529_115206.jpg

While the peppers are in the bag, dice the onion and tomato. Then cut the corn off the cob, toss all in a bowl. Once the peppers are done steaming, dice and in with its veggie buddies.
20220529_120438.jpg

Next add 1 cup of italian dressing and a tube of cilantro. Note, I know its not as good as fresh, but it looked better than what the store had as fresh.
20220529_120456.jpg

Now, this isnt found in most KCC recipes but hey its bacon, dice some bacon and cook it up nice and crispy, set aside to cool. Once cool, add most of your bacon to the bowl.

Gently fold all the ingredients together, check for any need of salt and/or pepper and season appropriately.

Finally, sprinkle the remainder of the bacon over the top of the KCC.
20220529_173421.jpg

This can be enjoyed as a side dish for your cookout fare or a dip to be eaten with tortilla chips.

Thanks fellas took it to a cookout with the neighbors last night, was a big hit

That looks like a fantastic Summertime dish. As much as we love salads around here, all different kinds, I hope you don't mind if I steal this :emoji_wink:

Robert

Robert, steal it, make it your own, whatever, yhats why we are here, to share knowledge and recipes

Thanks Al

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky