My usual Turkey Purveyor is out this year :-( Has anyone tried a Whole Foods Fresh Organic turkey?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jjlnyc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
We usually get our TG birds from a local turkey farm, and have never been disappointed. However, this year we have to scale down our dinner party size and therefore our bird sizes (one smoked, one traditional) but our turkey farmer does not have small birds now (I guess there was a run on small bird orders)
Has anyone ever tried the Whole Foods brand Fresh Organic Turkey? If so, how was it? (we have tried other brands and have been underwhelmed - Plainview, Empire, Murray's, Wegman's)

Whole Foods' fresh turkeys are excellent.
A little pricey though.
I usually buy two, but only one this year since we're not having a huge crowd over for dinner.
We normally do one smoked and one traditional too.
It's been an ongoing contest between my wife and I for the best bird.
She roasts and I smoke.

Reactions: jjlnyc
Well I guess I’m the oddball, but we always get Butterball turkeys, no need to brine, but I do inject them with Tony C’s jalapeño/ butter marinade. Never had a complaint!
Al

Reactions: jjlnyc
Whole Foods' fresh turkeys are excellent.
A little pricey though.
I usually buy two, but only one this year since we're not having a huge crowd over for dinner.
We normally do one smoked and one traditional too.
It's been an ongoing contest between my wife and I for the best bird.
She roasts and I smoke.
They are pricey compared to more generic brands, but after my 50c Amazon Prime discount, they come in about $1/lb less than the turkey farmer. :emoji_relaxed:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky