My Traeger Lil Tex 070 is cold and needs a coat ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigblue

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
rutland , vermont
I see some of the other pellet stoves out their have jackets to insulate them (Yoder)any body know of one to fit the traeger ?

If not i'll have to get a welding blank

Traeger just introduced 3 days ago a line of thermal wraps for all their smokers!

I had a new 3x3 welding blanket delivered to my door for about $11.50 from the big online auction. It covers my 070 like it was made for it.

Typical Traeger ... Lol
Hey breezer, are you attaching the blanket or just dropping it over?

i drapped a blanket over it and forgot to cut exhaust holes..my bad . ruined a whole hopper full of pellets. I figured it would exhaust out the drain pipe enough to work.

I bought the biggest fiberglass welding blanket harbor freight had, folded in 4s, it covers the Jr nicely. Just tried to cut holes with a pair of scissors 4 layers thick and it looks half-ass ugly BUT it vents :). We will see if the blanket works miracles. My digital temp setting at smoke is hovering at 160. Outside temp 49 with 98% humidity current as of 5;50am.

Edit: 30 minutes later still on smoke setting and no change. Ive got it draped over the entire thing hanging a few inches below the belly.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky