My take on Hassleback Chicken Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
I've had this version of Hassleback chicken breast knocking around in my head ever since SmokinEdge SmokinEdge posted his take on it and finally got around to cooking it up.

Boneless breasts placed on a bed of marinara with pepperoni and mozzarella stuffed into the cuts. Just dusted some salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and a little shot of kick'n chicken for seasoning then topped with marinara.
1712107851442.png

I didn't smoke these at all, I just covered with foil and baked at 350° for about 45 min.

I then uncovered them, topped with a dab more marinara and shredded parm, then set under the broiler until the cheese browned a bit.

Served over GF fettuccine.
1712108357780.png

1712108406709.png

Man, I'm stuffed. I will definitely do this one again.

Holy smokes! That looks good! Either I missed Eric's post or forgot it... and hard telling which but really like the idea.

Ryan

Reactions: DougE
Holy smokes! That looks good! Either I missed Eric's post or forgot it... and hard telling which but really like the idea.

Ryan

Oh crap, Doug! You nocked that one out of the park. Super nice work there Sir. And thanks for the mention.

Reactions: DougE
OK between your pics and SmokinEdge SmokinEdge pics I feel a double dog dare challenge coming on. :emoji_grin:

I know! I feel like the gauntlet has been thrown down on this! hmmm.....Off day saturday... Was wondering what to cook....Think I may accept this challenge! It looks too good to pass up!

Jim
Well, I didn't expect my post was a, "Top the last Hassleback Chicken Breast" challenge, but do carry on, gents. I'd love to see what y'all come up with :emoji_sunglasses:.

You had me with the Pepperoni and Mozzarella stuffings.
The flavor the pepperoni brought into the dish was awesome.

Heck yeah, Doug. Love the idea and I'll do this, too...
It was fantastic if I say so myself and heck yes, give it a go. I will definitely do this one again.

Damn that looks tasty!! Would love a serving of it!!
Thanks, and I don't know if I'm going to get any left overs. The wife may have polished the rest off for lunch lol.

Oh crap, Doug! You nocked that one out of the park. Super nice work there Sir. And thanks for the mention.
Thanks for the inspiration from your take on it, Eric!

I have to say that this was one of the few times that a recipe formulated in my mind actually topped my expectations. I almost went with an Alfredo sauce, but I think that would have been a mistake. It already has plenty of cheesiness with the mozzarella stuffing and parm topping. The marinara brings in another flavor and kind of ties it all together.

Well, I didn't expect my post was a, "Top the last Hassleback Chicken Breast" challenge, but do carry on, gents. I'd love to see what y'all come up with :emoji_sunglasses:.
Oh, not a top the last challenge....More a "holy cow what a great idea for something different challenge". So many different ways to do them!

Jim

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Oh, not a top the last challenge....More a "holy cow what a great idea for something different challenge". So many different ways to do them!

Jim
Absolutely! There are so many ways to go with these.

Wow Doug, this is fantastic and I also must have missed or forgotten Eric's post. I will go back in a minute and see his.

It is funny you posted this as I was putting Hassleback potatoes on the menu this weekend with some roast pork..

I think you did good with out the Alfredo sauce ( Mona would have liked the Alfredo )
I love the whole plate.

David

Edit: I went back and yes i remember Erics and it was also very nice and I did comment on it way back then, lol.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky