My smoking shed question (With Q-view)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmm5350

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 12, 2013
North East Pennsylvania
So I have a couple questions for everyone now that Christmas is here and parts to my smoking heaven are showing up.  I'm starting to set-up my shed and I'm wondering if it will be okay to leave my thermometers/meat grinder/slicer and other tools and what not in the shed between smokes.  Im trying to set up a little prep area/smoker area all in one.  Anyone else leave their tools in unconditioned spaces and have any problems.  I think it should be fine Im just curious.  

And just because pictures are fun I'll add a couple from this weekends smoke.  

My Pork Shotz as appetizers:

And my Pulled pork as I started to pull it: 

I would not leave my equipment in an unconditioned space... Condensate can form and corrosion can attack the equipment.....

Dave

The qview looks delicious!  I'm with Dave...I keep all my tools and equipment in the house or my attached, conditioned garage.  You might be fine, but why chance it with as much as some of this stuff costs.

Red

Looks great! What are pork shotz? They look amazing.
These are just kielbasi sliced thick, wrapped in bacon to form a "shot glass" and then you can fill them with whatever you want.  I just usually sprinkle a heavy hand of dry rub inside, but you can put in cheese, pulled pork, whatever you want really.  They are also good with just sausage. What really helps though is baking the bacon for 15 mins at 350 to get them to tighten up before you wrap and then throw them in your smoker for about 2 hours with whatever else you have going on in there.  I always make some to eat while Im waiting for the final meal.   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky