My Smoking-Related Injury

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

monstah

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Manchester, NH
Well, I sure did it now. Last week I was carrying my MES up my basement stairs, to smoke my first butts for pulled pork. I didn't properly negotiate the distance between my hand and the bulkhead, and smashed my left hand into the door jam. Broken knuckle on my pinky finger (the knuckle closest to the palm)...it was facing the wrong way (towards the inside of the palm). Doc had to literally crack it back into place yesterday before he cast it. OUCH... didn't feel pretty. Don't know how this will affect my T-day smoking, but I'm gonna' try it anyway!!!

No one ever said smoking meat was easy!!!

1113070954eh9.jpg

Serves you right for keeping the smoker in the basement. It needs to be in the living room where it belongs.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Get well!

I think that this is the first time I have ever heard of someone breaking bones while smoking! Burns and scalding, sure, but a broken bone has to be a first!

Lol well if he's anything like me then thats probably what caused it!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Monstah. Get well soon.

Now I have never heard such a thing! My husband is usually the accident waiting to happen, but even he has only burned his fingers or singed his hair, oh wait, he did cut himself on the gasser! Hope your better soon! Smoking war wounds, we have to come with a medal for that, something like a thin blue service achievement medal! Or a thin blue heart medal!

OK now first jeff, lisa and monstah. Is there a smoking curse?

Sorry to hear about your luck buddy! Godd smoking for T-DAY!

True smokers never give up!

Wilson, that's the funniest friggin thing I've heard in a long time!

Shellbellc - I agree! See, if we had SMF logo flags for sale, I would have wrapped my cast in one.

Glued - I have not yet begun to smoke!!!

Don't worry all, I had the doc use Jeff's rub on my wounds before he set the cast. Sad thing is, in order to put on the cast he had to first remove my smoke ring!

Ok, ok... the percosets are kicking in, so I'll stop with the jokes now!
icon_razz.gif

Sorry to hear of your injury. Hope you have a speedy recovery without too much discomfort.

Damn Monstah, how fast were you going?!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, I can relate... I have done damage to myself by misjudgement... mostly to my cranium (that probably explains alot...). I won't say if there was alcohol involved before my injuries, but there sure was afterward!

Take care and get well soon!

You best not. given the level of guerilla tactics being employed by local enforcement/government, you'd be hauled in for"recklessly endangering your smoker" or something. Where's the smiley for "Wry, sarcastic yet semi-serious grin" at?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky