My smoked cream cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
After reading a few recent threads on others smoking cream cheese, thought I'd try it myself. Grabbed two 8 ounce blocks. Since I had 3 different rubs to try, I cut one block in half. Tried Jeff's original rub (right, lower block) Jeff's Texas rub (right upper half block)and tried some british columbia Salmon rub (left full block).

Smoked at 200* for 2-1/2 hours using apple pellets in my MES40. Oh BTW, this is my first non fish smoke in this smoker since I restored it.
4AD327E3-7834-4390-A4D5-D50451E02E09.jpeg

Oh, and did I say I wanted to try one block directly on the grate? Thank goodness I put a drip pan underneath.
63B2CD18-FFC9-4899-9459-AFCCC8A79A00.jpeg

Drip! Bottom side of left whole block.
9A757655-D24C-4E3B-B082-F7012D28C9D8.jpeg

Tried them still warm with crackers. Wife thought all three were a little strong in flavor but agrees with me that so far we like Jeff's original rub the best. Tomorrow we will be sharing these items with another couple while they are cold. It was a fun smoke.

Last edited:
A little bit of shape shifting going on with that one block, but I still bet it tastes good. Nice Job Craig.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks guys. For first time, it could have turned out far worst. Got some smoked albacore and smoked salmon to possibly sit on top of the cheese which will be on some crackers.

I got hooked on the smoked cream cheese from doing pork shots .
I used a low salt BBQ rub on the block I did . Was really good on toast and bagels the next morning .
If you don't have nut allergies try the Nut Thin smokehouse crackers .

I gotta try that!
I really like pepper cheese & think putting a coat of pepper on the outside & smoking it would be delicious!
Maybe this weekend!
Al

Looks really good! On the to do list... hopefully soon!

Ryan

They all look very tasty! I just smoked some for the first time a couple of weeks ago. After it was smoked, I added chopped green olives w/pimento to it. It was great on triscuits. Next time I will just use Jeff's rub.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky