My set up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Cheech, I'm impressed, how long did it take you to build it? The meat looks great so I'm figuring it works well .. nice job .. so you umm keeping the old fridge or tossing it? It could be relic.

Joe

Cheech;
I have a wire welder and you certainly have started my cogs grinding!

I presume the ball valve on the fire box door is for combustion air regulation but can not determine what method you developed to regulate charcoal drop from the chute.

Are you adding wheels?

Nice job!

Edit: Looked at photos again and it looks like you just drop what you want to add to the fire down the chute and close the door on top.
Neat!

Edit 2: It was in the back of my head that you were the owner of the famous refrigerater smoker with the nice and neat controller. Did you inadvertantly tie us to the homemade woodburner or are you branching out?

Well your replies are making me blush,

It appears that there was an album from someone else mixed in my album.

My stuff is the first picture with the refrigerator and the SS grill the other stuff came to me from someone on this forum.

As soon as I find it I will give credit to that person

i still like your set up its simple and looks good!!! i want a smoker made out of a fridge, or if i can find an old pop machine, that would work too. have the smoke stack comming out from where the pop dispenses. you could lock it down so no one could open it up and mess with your temp. imagine the insulating capibilities, it keeps pop cold at 40* when its 110* outside, imagine if that were reversed.

that other guy had too much time on his hands, i wish i had too much time on my hands.

My ultimate goal is to make a smoker out of an old pickup truck. I seen a picture of it on the web before but for the life of me can not find it.

It had a fire box under the hood, "smoked windows" and shelves in the cab. There were two smoke stacks used as intended.

Firewood can be kept in the back.

Awe what how cool would that be

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky