MY sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oooops..... checkdude, you are not missing anything.... I would say - nice catch! I missed it. Definitely Cure 1. Huge mistake in typing on my part. I am surprised that no one else caught it earlier and kicked my a#%.... Thank you!
mistakes do happen but your sausage does look good. Hope you don't mind my stealing your recipe. it sure looks tasty.

Hope you don't mind my stealing your recipe. it sure looks tasty.
checkdude, go for it!! Ii hope you like it. We just finished first chub today, five of them gone to my relatives and friend. Only one left.... and my wife asked me today if I have any pork/beef in the freezer for a second butch. Ha! I have nothing in the freezer and there is nothing in my local supermarkets.. I mean at decent cost.... Let me know how you like it if you decide to make this sausage.....

checkdude, go for it!! Ii hope you like it. We just finished first chub today, five of them gone to my relatives and friend. Only one left.... and my wife asked me today if I have any pork/beef in the freezer for a second butch. Ha! I have nothing in the freezer and there is nothing in my local supermarkets.. I mean at decent cost.... Let me know how you like it if you decide to make this sausage.....
So got some time on my hands and decided to give it a go. Followed the instructions almost to a tee, only cut up the pork fat by hand. 20200606_190915.jpg and the spices 20200606_190922.jpg now stuff....smoke with hickory and finish in water bath. 20200607_161906.jpg let cool and bloom,put in fridge overnight and the only thing left was to taste it. 20200609_114452.jpg yes it's good! Tried with diferent sides and like the pickles the best. Nice and mild taste nothing jumps out at you. Notice the fat chunks. Was good but next time leave it out. Felt that there would be enough fat without it. Thanks for sharing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky