My Red White and Blue Throw Down Entry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Monroe, NC USA
Hello, 

Just this past month i entered into the Red White and Blue throw down. this was the first time i entered a throw down and i had a lot of fun with it. I recommend if you are considering a throw down entry go ahead. here was mine..

I went with baby back ribs...here is the rib after i pulled the membrane

little bit of mustard and Weber Chicken N Rib rub

sat over night in the fridge ready for the smoker

on the smoker (with a pork butt for someone else)

Making my sauce for the ribs on the firebox

After a while in the smoke

out of the foil

all done and resting on a cookie sheet

On the plate with grilled corn on the cob a roasted sweet potato (with butter on each)and

a red white and blue dessert (strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream on short cake)

That was my throw down like said my first, didn't win but had a lot of fun with it and i can't wait till the next month's throw down!

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

nice looking ...
points.gif
.... mine was the one with glass of lemonade 

nice looking ...
points.gif
.... mine was the one with glass of lemonade 
thank you! Yours looked really good too! i was surprised at how all the entries were well done. looks like throw down are stiff competition!

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky