My own Gas Station

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
thats nice bear, if ya lived in jersey ya wouldn't even have to pump your own gas!
I heard that ! We were in NJ summer before last and I got scolded pretty good for trying to pump my own gas.

Gary

I heard that ! We were in NJ summer before last and I got scolded pretty good for trying to pump my own gas.

Gary

IN PA:
It used to be nobody but the attendants pumped the gas. They called it "Full Service" for Check Oil, Check Tires, Wash Windshield. I worked at a few stations after school in the 60s. Then a few years later some stations had pumps for "Full Service" and Pumps for "Pump your own gas". Then eventually it became Pump your own gas at all pumps. However there might be some stations that still offer full service for extra $$

Bear

A fine looking setup John, Bear Jr's doing a good job taking care of his old man! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Yup--He's good to the Old Man!!---And to his Mom too!!
Great Son!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's awesome . I could use one of those myself . I'd put a tapper next to it so I could fill me up too !

Thank You Rich!!
In my younger Beer Drinking Days, when Bear Jr was just a Cub, every time I would set an Empty High Life Bottle on the corner of my Deck, there would be a Full one there on the next lap around the yard.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

we have one station in Tyler that is Full Service their gas is always a little higher. But a lot of people trade there because they can't do all the checks themselves , I may have to start trading there:emoji_astonished:

Gary

My own Gas Station

I figured this might be a good time to change the subject a Little.

Just had to show you guys what Bear Jr did for his Old Crippled Up Dad.

For the last couple years, I’ve been having trouble handling my 5 Gal and 7 Gallon Gas Cans for filling my Tractor & my Cub Mower.

So Bear Jr got me this thing (below).
It holds 14 gallons of gas, and there’s no electric or Batteries.
It works purely on gravity.
He was going to put it in my garage, but I told him I wasn’t crazy about having it set up in a building attached to my house & sleeping quarters.
So he rigged it up in his Tower Shop Pole Barn.
He mounted it inside the end towards my house.
Then he drilled a hole in the steel siding & put in a Grommet for the hose to go through.
He mounted a box above it, and a hanger for the gas pump handle.

Now all I have to do is drive down the hill from my yard, pull up next to it, and Fill-er-Up.

Works Great !!

Bear

Here's what it looks like on the wall. That's Bear Jr inside:
View attachment 495545

Fill-er-up there Buddy---Regular!! Forget the Windshield:
View attachment 495546

Here's what it looks like inside:
View attachment 495547
That’s awesome!

Last edited:
Thank You Ray!! Yup--He's good to the Old Man!!---And to his Mom too!!
Great Son! And Thanks for the Like.

Respect for your elders and taking care of mom and dad, that's how it was for me John, nice to see in these times. Seems some still have that quality to learn, tho they most likely will at some point, maybe. RAY

Thank You Ray!! Yup--He's good to the Old Man!!---And to his Mom too!!
Great Son! And Thanks for the Like. Bear

Respect for your elders and taking care of mom and dad, that's how it was for me John, nice to see in these times. Seems some still have that quality to learn, tho they most likely will at some point, maybe. RAY

That looks very innovative and easy to use, John. Great idea and fun too, lol.
Do you give Steak Knives with every fill up?
Excellent work Bear Jr.

That'll certainly make life easier.

Thank You Norm!!
Appreciate that.

Bear

Very nice I like it! Like Chop said I would have him install a tap next to it. That way you can get a nice cold beer and a full tank at the same time!

Thank You John!!
Yup, Years ago I would have had it that way.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Very Nice.
The fire extinguisher should be 20' away from the fueling station.
Sorry, Father and Son is kicking in. Father was 45 years FD and son just complected his first year.

Reactions: chopsaw
Very cool set up Bear!

Thank You Steve!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's great Bear. I had considered getting on of those gas caddies for my toys. I decided not to do it because of weight.

RG

Thank You RG !!
Appreciate That !!
If I had to lift it, I wouldn't want it either.

Bear

That’s a pretty cool set up Bear, much easier than having to lug around gas cans! I could use one of them myself, it would sure beat taking cans down to the gas station.

How much you charge for regular? Gas hit $3.15/gal today here.

Thank You Joe!!
I could still lift the darn cans, but had trouble getting the nozzle started.
Had to get Mrs Bear to be the Heva Hava.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

thats nice bear, if ya lived in jersey ya wouldn't even have to pump your own gas!

Thank You Jim!!
I used to work in Jersey, but wouldn't want to live there!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's a great setup. Sure a lot easier than lifting and balancing a 5 gal can. No spillage with the nozzel, either.
Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Yup, the nozzles are a big part of the problem, needing a Heva Hava!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice rig . I sure hope my kids take of care of me like Bear Jr . You've done a fine job there Mr Bear !

Thank You 912 !!
Sure they will !!

Bear

Gary

You should have told them you were in a hurry to deliver some Jersey Flounders to a PA Bear !!

Bear

we have one station in Tyler that is Full Service their gas is always a little higher. But a lot of people trade there because they can't do all the checks themselves , I may have to start trading there:emoji_astonished:

Gary

It was a little strange at first, but I got used to it.
My Buddy "Hunky Jack" hated it----He didn't like anybody touching his 'Vettes, but him!!! Somebody might spill Gas on iy !!!!

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky