My old Masterbuilt smoker just died.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is this what I am looking for? It took a Dremel tool to get to it

That is the safety rollout limit switch. The connectors look ok on that one.
Like chopsaw was mentioning, if you dig around the junction boxes you usually find some screws that are holding the junction box in place. You may have to remove a little bit of foam but it shouldn't be too much.

The lower junction box will lead to the heating element. That is the next place to check. Those connectors may be completely covered and only disconnecting them from the element or tugging on them will let you know if they are falling apart.
I would bet money that when you disconnect them they will be so corroded and easily damaged that you MUST replace them. Have good spade connectors on hand and ready to go.

Let us know what you find there. :)

Well, I think I found my problem. Both have a lot of rust, and the bottom connection is rusted completely through.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• box #2.jpg
    box #2.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 25
Well, I think I found my problem. Both have a lot of rust, and the bottom connection is rusted completely through.

Thanks for your help

Yep. That is a very common occurrence. I'm surprised they lasted this long! lol

Those connectors I linked to on Amazon should get you going. Being hi temp and stainless steel they should last a little while :)

Let us know how it goes :)

I have it mostly back together, and it seems to be working. I found the high temp connectors at my local Ace. I had to ask three different employees before we found them. The old guy knew what they were and where they were located. I am glad I was persistent.

Old guys unite :)

Thanks, everyone for your help

I have it mostly back together, and it seems to be working. I found the high temp connectors at my local Ace. I had to ask three different employees before we found them. The old guy knew what they were and where they were located. I am glad I was persistent.

Old guys unite :)

Funny you say that.I was in my local Ace today looking for lime and the two kids behind the counter had no clue so I approached the guy my age and asked and I had my lime in minutes.

Reactions: Atl1530
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky