MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR BROUGHT ME SOME GOODIES!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
My next door neighbors live in Wisconsin most of the year.

They only come down to Florida 3 or 4 weeks a year.

They came for a week this time & they always bring us some Wisconsin cheese.

I usually just eat it all in a couple of weeks, but this time I thought I would smoke it & save it for when they come down the next time.

Well I probably won't save it all, but I wanted them to try some of their cheese smoked.

Here's what they brought.

Fired up the tube with an old bag of perfect blend.

The Lang is drawing the smoke thru nicely.

I let it smoke about 3 1/2 hours, until it got a nice color.

Into the vac bags & into the fridge for a rest.

I have a nice cheese stash for now, should last me until next winter.

Judy & I wish everyone a very Happy & Healthy New year!

Al

Reactions: daveomak
Nice deal you got there Al. As a Wisconsin boy, I'm spoiled when it comes to cheese. Also, not a big fan of smoked cheese, but those sure look like they turned out fantastic. I'm sure you Neighbors will love it when they come back.

Mark

I wish I had some Wisconsin neighbors! Cheese looks tasty! 
icon14.gif

Happy new year to your Al, may your 2017 be great. 

icon14.gif

Me Too!!

Around here Cheese costs more than Prime Rib!!!

Looks Great, Al !! 
drool.gif

Happy New Year to Al, Judy, and all the rest of you SMF Dwellers!!

Bear

Nice deal you got there Al. As a Wisconsin boy, I'm spoiled when it comes to cheese. Also, not a big fan of smoked cheese, but those sure look like they turned out fantastic. I'm sure you Neighbors will love it when they come back.

Mark

icon14.gif

Me Too!!

Around here Cheese costs more than Prime Rib!!!

Looks Great, Al !! 
drool.gif

Happy New Year to Al, Judy, and all the rest of you SMF Dwellers!!

Bear

Nice doo on the cheese Al....  You're getting good at all sorts of stuff...
Now that's a gift that can be returned with appreciation!

Most everyone likes smoked cheese!
Thanks a lot fellas & Happy New you to you all!

Al

It's comments like these that remind me how much I take access to good cheese for granted. Two cheese factories within a short drive. And the hand rolled butter. Never buy the commercial stuff again when you get used to that. Guess the wife keeps me spoiled.

Happy new year everyone. May you all have a wonderful 2017.

Mark

It's comments like these that remind me how much I take access to good cheese for granted. Two cheese factories within a short drive. And the hand rolled butter. Never buy the commercial stuff again when you get used to that. Guess the wife keeps me spoiled.

Happy new year everyone. May you all have a wonderful 2017.

Mark
I think my neighbors went to a cheese factory, or cheese store to get my cheese.

Cause I asked them if this stuff is carried in the grocery store up there & they said no.

They bring me a bunch every time they come down.

I keep an eye on there house while they are gone, & this is how they thank me.

It has always been the best cheese that I have ever had.

Can't wait to see how they like it smoked!

Al

Some good cheese right there! We live about 4 miles from mars cheese castle and have a large variety of cheese from all over Wisconsin. Union star is a small cheese factory in fremont,Wi. Premium cheese! Nice smoke on em!
Happy New Year to you and Judy!

Looks great there Al.
Some good cheese right there! We live about 4 miles from mars cheese castle and have a large variety of cheese from all over Wisconsin. Union star is a small cheese factory in fremont,Wi. Premium cheese! Nice smoke on em!
Happy New Year to you and Judy!
Thanks fellas!

Happy New Year to ya' all too!

Al

Looking good Al. I'd be interested to see how the habanero turns out. I smoked some ghost pepper cheese the other day. Anticipation is killing me

Looking good Al. I'd be interested to see how the habanero turns out. I smoked some ghost pepper cheese the other day. Anticipation is killing me
Thanks!

They always bring me habanaro cause they know we like spicy, and this habanero is pretty hot.

I can't wait to try it smoked either.

Al

Might have to look up this cheese smoking thing, looks pretty good. 
Yes it's very easy to do & really makes some good tasting cheese.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky