• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My new smoker has arrived.

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

1chaos52

Smoke Blower
Oct 3, 2007
Well, I stayed home from work today because my new GOSM Big Block was due to arrive. The delivery guy showed up at 6:20 this morning which I was a little surprised by, especially since I had been given a time range of 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. I have opened the box and inspected everything and it all looks good, no damage whatsoever. I am glad to see this since I had read many threads here and elsewhere saying that they came in damaged when ordered from Home Depot.

I will be seasoning the smoker this evening after it is built and plan on my first smoke tomorrow. Will be doing ribs and a chicken to start, and am looking forward to trying some of the things I have found on this site and Jeff's rub and BBQ sauce which I bought yesterday.

Thanks to all of you who have given me advice and everything. I love this site and look forward to sharing any cool tips or anything that I might come up with. Wish me luck and I will try to provide some Q-View for my first smoke tomorrow.

I am already drooling just thinking about the food.

teeotee

Smoking Fanatic
Feb 18, 2008
Congrats on getting the new smoker.

I know you'll enjoy it.

Always someone on here if you get stuck or have questions !

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
I bet someone will have a rough time sleeping tonight!
icon_wink.gif

chargrilled

Meat Mopper
Apr 8, 2008
Like a kid on Xmas morning!!!! I love the energy
wink.gif
. Keep the smoke rollin and get the q view going.

that sounded kinda cheesy sorry.
biggrin.gif

geob

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Mar 19, 2008
Only thing wrong with new smokers is they don't smell like smoke and are to clean. I bet you will have fun taking care of that problem. Congrats on the new smoker.

geob

desertlites

OTBS Member
Dec 6, 2007
congrats on your new smoker and have a great smoke today-qview

seboke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 11, 2007
Looking forward to your getting that thing "dirty"!

ron50

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2007
Good luck with the new purchase.

brianj517

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 3, 2005
Congrats on the new arrival, 1chaos! I guarantee you're in for some good times...I've got two gosm's (both sizes) and I sure love 'em dearly! Hope to see some good q-view comin' off yours real soon!

Cheers,
Brian

1chaos52

Smoke Blower
Oct 3, 2007
I am actually skipping two days of work for this long awaited event. I am seasoning it today, then cooking all day tomorrow. I just had a change of plans though. Just doing chicken tomorrow and then ribs for Saturday due to friends who want to eat constraints.

Well, it is built and in the back yard. I am going to season it shortly once I have had some lunch. I hear it outside taunting me.

pduke216

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Jul 3, 2007
I have 2 of GOSMs and both of them work awsome. Have fun and make sure we see lots of Q-View.

richoso1

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
Congrats on the new GOSM, good to here it arrived in primo condition. I'm sure you're going to enjoy your smokes.

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2007
Congrats on your new smoker .... sounds like you are gonna have a ton of fun with it !!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 29, 2007
... and quite an addition it is!!! SMF is my therapy
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the new smoker!!! Definitely post some q-vue so we can drool with you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky