My new mini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tcofer

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014

Found the pot at Target for $21. Only issue I had was the top didn't fit on so I crimped the edges. Cosmetically I can't say she's pretty but I guess it has some character now and that sucker fits on pretty tight now. I added the handles on the vents because they did get hot and added the heat diffuser as welI.  had burgers planned for the grill but I fired the mini up and cooked them on it. they turned out nice; the smoker seemed to be sealed up nice and tight.....It looks promising for my pork shoulder on Saturday.

Nice mini. They are great little cookers. I use mine a couple times a week.

Have fun with it.

Nice build, I started using mine with out painting it and then later cleaned it up and painted the outside. I took my SJS lid to Target with me to try it on each pot and found one that fit perfect. Still trying to decide which I like better the 14.5 or my MINI. I do actually love them both! Of course the wife said NO MORE GRILLS luckily smokers are not grills

HAHA, yeah my wife wasn't happy about "destroying" a perfectly good pot. I tried telling her it was going to get more use than any other pot we have in the kitchen and she proceeded to ask me which "grill" I was going to sell!! Iv'e had the thing for a few days and already cooked burgers, Cornish hens, and the boston butt has been in since this morning. I'm confident she will be sold after dinner tonight.  

HAHA, yeah my wife wasn't happy about "destroying" a perfectly good pot. I tried telling her it was going to get more use than any other pot we have in the kitchen and she proceeded to ask me which "grill" I was going to sell!! Iv'e had the thing for a few days and already cooked burgers, Cornish hens, and the boston butt has been in since this morning. I'm confident she will be sold after dinner tonight.  
Well,  What is the verdict?  Is she hooked?

Because I am...nice looking butt!

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky