My New KUDU

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
I’m super jealous of a friend’s top-of-the-line Tagwood Argentinian grill but I don’t have the room for something like that at all. He’s doing some amazing cooks on it, especially veggies. I totally tripped across the KUDU and realized that the cooking method is the same as the Tagwood, only 1/10th as fancy.

The CEO actually lowered his price $100 to build his customer base unlike so many other manufacturers. So I ordered one and it arrived today. There was a shipping delay and UPS used the “train derailment” excuse I’ve seen many times. Unboxing was a mess as they use a small bead styrofoam. But the grill is super easy and fast to assemble. The materials are high quality. I thought the spindly-looking legs would be an issue but they are very solid. The accessories are also the same quality. The entire grill breaks down and is portable.

The smoker dome and the cover arrive tomorrow. I also have their unique rotisserie arriving soon and I can’t wait to take that for a literal spin. I won’t have a chance to use the grill for a bit but once I do I’ll post some pictures. I’d love for other KUDU owners to chime in. I tried making a post asking if there were other owners in the forum but there were no respondents so I guess I’m blazing the trail or maybe this post will flush them out of hiding.

Here’s the KUDU. Beer for scale.

DAABF578-64A6-44CF-8876-3263FBF68A95.jpeg

B82ADE03-4C4C-4CD8-8C42-F6205D9C6784.jpeg

That is a slick looking grill Sven. I see some similarities between that one and the hybrid Santa Maria grill I built. Now you have me really thinking about a new build :emoji_wink:

Here’s the KUDU. Beer for scale.

When I first glanced at this I thought it said "beer for sale" and I was gonna buy a 12-pack :emoji_laughing: Guess I better start paying closer attention.

Robert

That is a slick looking grill Sven. I see some similarities between that one and the hybrid Santa Maria grill I built. Now you have me really thinking about a new build :emoji_wink:

When I first glanced at this I thought it said "beer for sale" and I was gonna buy a 12-pack :emoji_laughing: Guess I better start paying closer attention.

Robert
I really liked your Santa Maria. It’s very innovative. If I had the skills I’d absolutely build one myself. As far as “beer for sale” maybe I ought to set up a stand by by our neighborhood mailboxes like the lemonade kids do. Haha!

Very cool!
Can’t wait to see your first cook.
Al
I am inspired by your successful frozen ribs experiment so my first cook might be a frozen chuck roast brisket style. The smoker hood just arrived today and I am semi-clueless about how to use it. I think I’ll cheat and break out the probe thermometer array I have. However, I should be smart and start with something less ambitious like hamburgers or brats but I’ve never been a very bright man.

I would think probes at grate level in in the meat would be a good idea for all cooks on this. I use it every time in my smoker to know what is going on.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Because I have absolutely no experience with this thing and/or using my hand as a temperature gauge I’ll be using my GrillEye to help me out. I can use up to 6 probes on that thing. That ought to tell me what’s happening and give me a fighting chance.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky